Nepal is a beautiful country lying in the lap of Himalayas. Not only will it captivate you with its natural beauty, it’s amazing people, rich culture and tradition along with diverse will leave you spell bound. As the saying goes, “Athhiti Devo Bhava”, meaning ‘guests are our god’, you will be treated with smiles while in Nepal.
Check out the following information that shall guide you on receipt of Visa in Nepal.
- The foreign tourist visiting Nepal shall be granted the tourist visa.
2) The tourist visa shall be granted for a period in maximum of 150 days in a visa year (Visa year means January to December).
3) A tourist who has departed before the expiry of the period specified in the visa issued in a visa year shall not be allowed to use the visa by adding the remaining period to another visa year.
4) If any foreigner who has entered into Nepal towards the end of a visa year desires to spend even the period during which he may stay in Nepal with the tourist visa of the other visa year, he may use such facility. Provided, however, that the computation of the fees for such period shall be made on the basis of the total period of his stay.
|SN||Description of Service & Facilities||Essential Document / Evidence||Fees to be charged||Duration to be taken||Responsible person & Section/
Sub Section / Unit
|Officer to hear Complaints||Compensatory Provision|
|1||Tourist Visa Extension||1.Passport
2.Receipt of Online Application
3.Tax clearance certificate in case of Transfer from Business visa to Tourist Visa
4.Copy of passport of guardian incase of minor below 10 years of Age.
|1.Minimum 30 US Dollar for upto 15 days.
After 15 days 2US Dollar per days (extension of the tourist visa, the fees chargeable for 15 days shall be levied if the period is less than 15 days in every extension.
1.Extra US Dollar 20 for MRE facility for valid visa period.
2.Late fee to be charged Extra 3 US Dollar per day.
3. Free of Cost incase minor below 10 years of age.
|Two hours||Immigration Officer(Tourist Visa Section)||Director / Director General||Director / Director General|